Need an application?
Easton Concrete is always interested in finding talented, hardworking individuals to join our team. If you enjoy a fast pace, problem-solving and accomplishing more than people expect, Easton Concrete may be the place for you. There is a link for our application on the left. Fill it out and send it to us. See the listings below for positions we are currently interested in filling.
Easton Concrete is often looking individuals interested in starting with one of our crews. Take a look at the job description below. If you are responsible, take initiative and follow instruction well we would like to talk to you.
Crew Laborer reports to a Foreman and is responsible for the wide variety of duties specific to completing a job. Each laborer will have a slightly different focus and skill set making their job duties somewhat different than anyone else. Above all learn the system.
The following list is not all inclusive but captures the majority of items a Form Setter will be faced with accomplishing on any given day:
- Hauling Materials – Moving materials to & from storage & the job site
- Placing Bar – Placing bar into the footing forms
- Placing Uprights/Bolts – Placing of vertical bar to joint to wall or placement of footing bolts
- Stripping Footings – Removal & packing of the footing forms after concrete has set up sufficiently
- Tying Bar – Tying reinforcing bar onto footing bar uprights
- Whailing – Placing whailers on outside of the wall to stiffen the wall
- Setting Grade – Placing of grade nails in form to establish elevation for top of wall during concrete placement
- Placing Bolts – Placement of anchor bolts in top wall to accommodate framing
- Stripping – Removal of form panels after sufficient concrete curing
- Cleaning Site – Removal of tools & supplies, packing of truck, & general cleaning of site
- Stocking Trucks/Trailers – Keeping trucks & trailers stocked and ready for deployment to a job site
- Professional Experience – Making the process a professional endeavor & generating positive advertising via word of mouth
- Safety – Assure safety of crew at all times
Periodic or occasional tasks or responsibilities as assigned or required may include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning the shop
- Facilitate equipment/facility repairs & maintenance
- Wash & clean work trucks
- Wash & grease boom trucks
- Good working attitude
- Team player
- Good problem-solving skills
- Hard worker
- Must be able to communicate with co-workers
- Ability to follow instructions
Work is outdoors. Work truck is provided to transport to and from the job site. Job site could be in remote locations with no facilities available. Travel will occasionally be required for some jobs. Break room and restroom supplied at the shop. Dress and presentation representative for position in a concrete company. Clothing must be clean and intact (at the beginning of the day) & the proper safety gear as required.